Where does the job fit in;
What better product to work on, that one that transforms work cultures, and makes workplaces more human?
Our award-winning Recognition and Rewards products allow employees to recognize and reward each other (across mobile, web, any device) and spread the positive power of Thanks at work.
There’s nothing more motivating really. Plus, it really helps that we're super users of our own products.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will join our talented Dublin Product team.
You will assume responsibility for one or more development scrum teams with responsible for building your product (UX/UI, Development, QA etc.) The products are feature rich, super user friendly, with lots of great updates planned.
So your job as Product Owner is critical to our products success and direction. Are you ready to take that challenge on?
About your role;
- Partner with the Director of Product Management to define the high-level problems on the Product Backlog. When solved, these will help achieve the strategic goals for your product area(s)
- Prioritize the Product Backlog and keep it maintained, visible and clear. It's vital that inputs from a wide range of internal and external stakeholders are represented
- Be able to clearly communicate the bigger picture product roadmap and vision to the scrum teams
- Work with the scrum teams to refine the backlog. Take the lead in converting the problems on the backlog into granular user stories that can be achieved within a single sprint, and deliver business value
- Define the initial set of acceptance criteria for each user story
- Support the scrum team(s) during each sprint e.g. clarify requirements, make priority calls, review test plans and development work.
- Participate in Scrum rituals: fortnightly sprint review, retrospectives, sprint planning and daily scrums
- Present your Product Roadmap and Release plans to the wider Product and Technology groups at weekly Globoforce Product Roadmap Refinement meetings & weeklyRelease Planning Sessions
- Give progress updates to our Director of Product Management and key stakeholders on the development work
- Monitor and manage the scope and risk on new development in your product area
- Globoforce have our own Product Owner Community of Practice. Get involved, share your knowledge and help us evolve processes, tools and product knowledge
- We’re constantly evolving our Product practices, so you’ll help us to drive and track the implementation of platform team standards into other development teams’ efforts.